Cycling Strength Training Programs Boost Your Riding Fitness!
If you're looking to improve your cycling fitness but you aren't doing some kind of off-the-bike training, you're leaving TONS of power on the shelf. Building strength and fitness off the bike (using a number of different approaches) is an easy way to gain fitness when you get back in the saddle and prevent injuries caused by repetitive motion. These cycling strength training programs will help you build the necessary muscular strength, core stability, and functional strength to turn you into a beast on the bike.
If you're interested in doing any of these cycling strength training workouts at home, you'll need a few pieces of equipment to make it a reality. At the bottom of the page, you'll find some of the equipment I rely upon to do my workouts at home, with links so you can get your own strength gear at home.
If you're not sure about what the best option is for you, E-mail me and I'll help get you pointed in the right direction.
Raw Strength Module
Put the last piece of your cycling fitness into place with this progressive overload, reverse pyramid cycling strength training program. This program relies on access to a gym or fitness center in order to provide you most of the equipment you need to succeed. This cycling strength training program gives you:
- 9 weeks of training (1 “setup” week and 8 workout weeks)
- Progressive micro-loading creates constant progression
- Reverse pyramid design creates neuromuscular and physiological muscle strength gains
- Designed to slot directly into the first 8 weeks of my Base Module
Unbreakable Core Stability Module
If you're looking for the perfect compliment to my Raw Strength cycling strength training program, want to eliminate your back pain, want to improve your endurance or just take the next step in your fitness, you've found the right plan. You'll get:
- Video descriptions of each exercise that you can download and take with you wherever you train
- 2 sessions per week of intense core training
- Less than 2 hours of TOTAL training per week
- Strengthen your body in all planes so you can apply force to the pedals more efficiently
- Reduce back pain by stabilizing your spine
- Adaptable to ANY training plan through a unique planning formula
If you're looking for a few of my favorite tools (tools that I very often use in my own cycling strength training program) you can check out these strength training essentials: