With the arrival of warm temperatures and sunshine, many people begin to get the itch for company on their rides. Beginners and long time solo riders alike will begin to start searching out group rides. But honestly, how many actually attend one of the gatherings? Why don't more people try them out?
In today's podcast, we'll talk about some of the obstacles beginners (or advanced riders new to the group riding scene) face, and ways to overcome them. We'll also learn some ways to keep ourselves and our fellow group riders safe and happy on their rides.
We'll talk about:
- Information you should know before the ride (speed, length, terrain, drop/no drop)
- How to endear yourself to a new group (show up EARLY!)
- Finding out information from the group before you leave the meeting area.
- Learning the importance of communicating with the group.
- Safe and predictable riding
- Being able to take criticism if you make mistakes.
Questions and comments are always welcome. Remember to rate this podcast on iTunes.